I've noticed that over the past few years that with each age comes new rewards and challenges in raising children. These past few weeks I've come to love the little nuances and personality traits that are developing in each child. It's true....kids say the darnest things!
Grace is very observant and opinionated. She's quick to tell me when I'm making my mad face and even quicker to tell everyone about the goings on in a dressing room or public restroom. She loves to announce what color underwear I'm wearing...or " That's way too tight mommy!" I'm cherishing these few precious years when she wants to be doing everything I'm doing and wants to be just like me. I love when she notices that she's standing like me or interacting with her baby doll the same way I'm interacting with Elijah. She's growing up so fast!
Riley has always been full of energy and now that he's talking a mile a minute he too says the cutest things. I love how he calls elevators "alligators" and always want to be the one to push the "alligator button." We say a blessing before dinner, commonly called grace, and recently he started asking if we could say Riley before dinner instead of grace. I also love how creative and imaginative Riley is becoming. He loves to take the blue loofah in the bath and dunk it in the water and he says " Look out! The rain cloud's coming!!"

Elijah's vocabulary is slowly building. He says "mama," "Dada," "cracker," "ball," and now "car car." He loves any car...big ones in the parking lot or little matchbox cars. He is very excited and always has been a ray of sunshine. When he smiles you can tell it's pure joy.
I love it! I can't wait to share stories like this about MY baby :o)
ReplyDelete